3D Measurement Scanning with Structured Light
3D scanning is a fast and accurate optical technique used to capture physical measurements of an object. With the digitized 3D scan data, the dimensions of any object, including surface area, volume, and feature size, can be extracted. 3D scanning has proven to be valuable across a wide array of applications, including dental scanning, machine vision, biometrics, industrial metrology, and many more.
Structured Light is an optical method of 3D scanning where a series of patterns are projected upon an object and a camera or sensor detects the distortions of the patterns. Image processing and triangulation algorithms then convert these distortions into a 3D point cloud. The point cloud can be used directly for analysis of the object or easily exported to a variety of CAD modeling format.
Fast and Flexible light pattern generation
Keynote Photonics advanced light control portfolio offers DLP projectors and companion controllers imaging capabilities beyond traditional display projectors. We offer systems that span 363-nm to 2,500-nm wavelength range, have binary pattern rates up to 32 kHz and offer more precise pixel accurate control.
Keynote’s systems display structured light patterns without the need for an external streaming video processor. Our LC3010 controllers can pre-store more than 1,000 structured light row or column patterns using one-dimensional (1D) encoding. 1D patterns take advantage of using a single row or column and repeating that row or column across the entire array. Our LC4500 family provides a more advanced design that support up to 400 pre-stored 2D full-frame patterns.
Quick Selection Guide
Maximum Pattern Rate
Sustained Pattern Rate
|LC3010 (1280 x 720)||2880 Hz / 360 Hz||2880 Hz / 360 Hz||API, Fast 8-bit pattern rate|
|LC4500 (912 x 1140 Diamond pixel)||4225 Hz / 120 Hz||2880 Hz / 120 Hz||NIR, 2D Patterns, Full-White RGB|
|LC4710 (1920 x 1080)||1440 Hz / 120 Hz||1440 Hz / 120 Hz||In Development|
The Flexlight LC3010-H6 is a production-ready, full-featured implementation of the Texas Instruments DLP3478, DLP3010 and DLPA3000.
This DLP-based platform provides fast development for end equipment requiring small form factor, lower cost, and intelligent, high-speed pattern display. It features the 0.3″ 720P HD chipset (DLP3010) and provides a variety of embedded functionality such as: structured light pattern projection, intelligent lighting, wavelength selection and portable display.
Developers can create, store, and display high-speed pattern sequences through a USB-based application programming interface (API) using Keynote’s API. Keynote provides an enhanced easy-to-use graphical user interface (GUI) to aid in the control and development of various pattern sequences and other operating modes.
- RGB LED light engine with up to 235 lumens light output
- 1.2 Throw Ratio
- Flexible Trigger Signals for Camera/Sensor Synchronization with Optional Opto-Isolators
- One Configurable Input Trigger (1.8 V or 5 V )
- Two Configurable Output Triggers (3.3 V)
- Programmable LED Current Control
- Customer programmable System Solutions modes with integrated MSP430
- USB HID based API and host GUI
- Windows and OSX API Support (contact us for other platforms)
- Latching System Interface Connector (JST PHD Series)
- Mini-USB and 12 VDC Barrel Connector (EVM only)
- Integrated heat-pipe for LED thermal Management
- Fan and Thermistor Interfaces
Light Control Features:
- Pattern Display Optimized for Machine Vision and Digital Exposure
- Flexible Internal (1D) Pattern Mode
- Programmable Exposure Times
- High Speed Pattern Rates Up to 2500 Hz (1-bit) and 360 Hz (8-bit)
- External (2D) Pattern Streaming Mode using HDMI Expansion Board
- Programmable 2D Static Patterns via Splash
- Internal Pattern Streaming Mode Enables Simplified System Design
- Eliminates Video Interface Requirement
- Store >1000 Patterns in Flash Memory
Video Display Features (requires expansion HDMI board or equivalent):
- Supports Input Video Resolution Up to 720p
- Input Frame Rates to 120 Hz (2D and 3D) with optional HDMI expansion board
- Image Processing – Image Resizing, 1D Keystone, CCA, Selectable De-gamma
The Flexlight 4500 product family is a production-ready, full-featured implementation of the Texas Instruments LightCrafter4500 chipset, which includes the DLPC350 and 0.45″ WXGA DMD.
Need to place the DMD far away from your electronics? Want to quickly support image downloads without having to flash new image data each time? Prefer direct Ethernet support? The LC4500 offers more than TI’s standard product.
Like the Texas Instruments LightCrafter™ 4500, Keynote Photonics LC4500 projectors and electronic kits are based on Texas Instruments’ .45” WXGA DMD (DLP4500FQD, DLP4500FQE and DLP4500NIRFQE). Common applications for the LC4500 are 3D measurement, 3D printing, and NIR spectroscopy.
- Multiple optical engine options for RGB or monochrome operation, or separately mounted DMD for integration with customer-provided optics.
- High speed pattern display of variable bit-depth 2D images.
- Multiple trigger in/out signals for synchronizing patterns with cameras and host controllers.
- Streaming video input for display or structured light applications.
- USB HID based control and communication
- Integrated MSP430 controller for customizable configurations.
The LC4500 controller optionally provides a direct interface for the popular BeagleBone Black development platform based on a AM335x ARM® Cortex A8 processor, providing users the ability to stream patterns created real time into the projector. This interface connector can also be used for custom FPGA designs and has access to the system I2C and other vital trigger and control signals from the main board.
A complete streaming pattern application (PEM) and API is available for the Beaglebone Black that comes with its own graphical user interface that can support Windows, Linux or Mac.
|Illumination Type||None||RGB LED||405 nm or 465 nm|
|Projection Method||N/A||100% Offset||On-Axis|
|Brightness / Output Power||N/A||up to 200 lumens||405 nm – up to 2 W|
|Infra-red Support||Yes – DLP4500NIRFQE||No||No|